Welcome to YA Got Mail!, our weekly link round-up. Time to take a look at other interesting blog posts, Tweets, and articles that have hit the web this past week. What else is happening in the YA world?
Tweet of the Week:
Your reminder: diversity is not a trend. You don’t get to cash in on it, and you can’t cherry-pick what parts to support. All or nothing.
— Molli Moran (@MissMolliWrites) September 9, 2015
On Writing YA:
- On Totems – The Rejectionist
- Why I’ve written a book for teenagers about taking drugs
On Reading YA:
- Judy Blume’s Forever: the first and last word on teen sex?
- Why I’m Tired of the Same Old Music in YA Fiction
- Cult Hits: 5 YAs to Satisfy Your Kimmy Schmidt Cravings
- The Big Idea: Cindy Pon on Serpentine
- Drive: how Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff decided to write Illuminae
- Everything You Need to Know About the Miss Peregrine Series Before Reading Library of Souls
Diversity in Fiction:
- “Writing the Other”: Maggie Stiefvater takes to Tumblr to apologize and clarify her understanding of her role in NerdCon’s panel
- Katherine Locke discusses anti-semitism in book blogging community
- David Levithan’s ‘Another Day’ Tells A Teen Love Story Without Gender
- “Eventually” Isn’t Enough: The Lack of Diversity in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Kenneth Branagh attached to Artemis Fowl movie