The U.S. selection for World Book Night 2014 has been revealed and the line-up of books chosen for the event include several well-known YA titles. World Book Night is an annual event held on April 23rd, which aims to promote a love of reading to light or non-readers. Every year since the organization launched in 2011, volunteers for World Book Night have given away half a million free books to non-readers in their communities.
The selection for World Book Night 2014 includes the following YA titles:
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
- Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- The Ranger’s Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan
For more information on World Book Night, including a full list of next year’s titles, and instructions on how to participate, visit their website.