The National Book Awards announced their longlist for the Young People’s Literature award.
The nominees are:
- The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Girls Like Us by Gail Giles
- Skink—No Surrender by Carl Hiaasen
- Greenglass House by Kate Milford
- Threatened by Eliot Schrefer
- The Port Chicago 50: Disaster, Mutiny, and the Fight for Civil Rights by Steve Sheinkin
- 100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith
- Noggin by John Corey Whaley
- Revolution (The Sixties Trilogy #2) by Deborah Wiles
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
Judges for the award include Sharon M. Draper, Starr LaTronica, Dave Shallenberg, Sherri L. Smith and Rebecca Stead. The finalists will be announced on October 15th.
For more, visit the National Book Award website.