The Missouri Truman Awards announced their final nominees for their 2014-2015 award season. The Truman Award is presented annually by the Missouri Association of School Librarians (MASL) and celebrates the best of current American young adult literature, as voted for by students of Missouri.
The 2014-2015 nominees for the MASL Truman Award are as follows:
- Dead City by James Ponti (Aladdin)
- Ungifted by Gordon Korman (Balzer + Bray)
- See You At Harry’s by Jo Knowles (Candlewick Press)
- Elemental by Antony John (Dial)
- The Raft by S.A. Bodeen (Feiwel and Friends)
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Feiwel and Friends)
- Unstoppable by Tim Green (HarperCollins)
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (Henry Holt)
- Insignia by S.J. Kincaid (Katherine Tegen Books)
- The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen (Scholastic)
- Curveball: the Year I Lost My Grip by Jordan Sonnenblick (Scholastic)
- One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt (Nancy Paulsen Books)
The winner of the Truman Award will be announced at the 2015 MASL Spring Conference. For more information, visit the MASL’s website.