The Los Angeles Times announced the finalists for the 2014 LA Times Book Prizes, including the YA Book Prize finalists. The LA Times Book Prizes are an annual award which celebrate the best books of the previous year in ten categories, including young adult literature. The winners of the book prizes will be announced on April 18th in a special event hosted on USC Campus. The award for young adult literature will be presented by Written in the Stars author Aisha Saeed.
The finalists in the young adult literature category are as follows:
- Eyes Wide Open: Going Behind the Environmental Headlines by Paul Fleischman
- The Family Romanov: Murder, Rebellion, and the Fall of Imperial Russia by Candace Fleming
- The Story of Owen: Dragon Slayer of Trondheim by E.K. Johnston
- Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
To view the complete list of finalists in all categories, visit the LA Times website.