Gayle Forman will tour the U.S. to promote the release of I Was Here.
In I Was Here, Cody tells the story of Cody who is devastating when she learns that her best friend Meg committed suicide. Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up her belongings, and learns all the things her best friend never mentioned, like her roommates and the boy who broke her heart. When Cody decrypts some encrypted files on Meg’s laptop she starts to question everything she was told about her friend’s suicide.
The tour schedule can be seen below and is subject to change:
- January 27 – Warren Street Barnes & Noble with Libba Bray and E. Lockhart and moderated by Maria Russo (New York, NY)
- January 28 – Richmond Public Library with Fountain Books with Maggie Stiefvater (Richmond, VA)
- January 29 – Flyleaf Books with Sarah Dessen (Chapel Hill, NC)
- January 30 – Parnassus Books with Ruta Sepetys, David Arnold, and Courtney Stevens (Nashville, TN)
- February 3 – University Bookstore with Nina LaCour and Deb Caletti (Seattle, WA)
- February 4 – Powell’s Books with Blake Nelson (Beaverton, OR)
- February 5 – Vroman’s Bookstore with Margaret Stohl and Deanna Kizis (Pasadena, CA)
- February 6 – Changing Hands with T.M. Goeglein and Christa Desir (Phoenix, AZ)
I Was There will be released on January 27th. More information about the tour can be found on the Penguin Young Readers Tumblr.