The Waterstones Children’s Book Prize is an annual award which celebrates new talent in children’s and young adult literature published in the U.K. The winners of each category of the awards, as well as the title crowned Waterstones Children’s Book of the Year, will be announced at a special event held at Waterstones Piccadilly, Europe’s largest bookstore, on Thursday 26th March.
The nominated titles in the teen category are as follows:
- The Apple Tart of Hope by Sarah Moore Fitzgerald (Orion Children’s Books)
- Half Bad by Sally Green (Penguin)
- Dead Ends by Erin Lange (Faber & Faber)
- Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill (Quercus)
- Smart by Kim Slater (Macmillan Children’s Books)
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton (Walker Books)
To view the complete list of nominated titles in all categories, visit Waterstones.com.